Election Day Stress
Believe it or not, Election Stress Anxiety (ESA) is a real thing, what can you do to help treat this ailment? Not everyone can just pick up and take a vacation and with less than 2 months until the Presidential Election, all I can promise you is it’s only going to get worse.
In the past, people who have struggled with ESA might have turned to their favorite adult beverage, however that can be addictive and not particularly great for your liver. Others might have turned to prescription medications, however with so many side effects this just solves one problem only to open the door for another problem, plus prescription medications can be addictive as well. Have you ever thought about CBD?
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabinoid and it works naturally with one’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to balance out the other systems in the body like immune, respiratory, nervous system, etc. CBD will not get you high due to the fact it has a very low THC percentage (>0.3%), and when taken correctly it makes one less anxious, providing a calm balance while relieving anxiety & stress. If you are worried about passing a drug test there are several great CBD products that contain 0.0% THC in them. Most importantly CBD is non-toxic to the organs in one’s body and is not addictive. It’s a great natural alternative to pharmaceuticals.
Top 5 CBD Products That Can Help Election Stress Anxiety
- CBD Tincture/Oil – This is a CBD oil you put under your tongue so it can be absorbed by tiny glands under your tongue and go straight to your bloodstream. After a minute under the tongue, you can swallow whatever is leftover. CBD Oils work the whole body at one time and provide 6 to 7 hours of relief. Most CBD Oils contain trace amounts of THC in them, however, there are some that contain 0.0% THC if drug testing is a concern.
2. CBD Gummies – A great convenient way to take CBD are CBD gummies that are tasty and provide around 7 to 8 hours of relief based on the milligram dosage one takes. For an average adult, 20 to 30 milligrams would be a good starting point. Gummies can come in 10mg, 25mg, or even 50mg per gummy, and most gummies have no THC in them and will not make you high.
- CBD Vape Pen or Cartridge – CBD Vape is an efficient way to apply CBD to one’s body. Vaping or Smoking CBD is a fast way to get it into your bloodstream (about one to two minutes), however, it only provides 2 to 3 hours of relief. They come in Vape cartridges or Juul Cartridges or in disposable ready to use vape pens. CBD Vapes come in different flavors: watermelon, mango, blueberry etc. When shopping for a CBD vape product make sure the ingredients do not have a lot of fillers or additives, it should be Hemp Extract (CBD) and natural terpenes only.
- CBD Bath Bomb – All you do is throw it in the bathtub and let it dissolve, then soak in the tub for 20 min or longer. This works the whole body all at one time as the CBD absorbs through the pores of the skin and into your muscles. It relaxes the body all at once and can provide 2 to 3 days of relaxation. When shopping for a CBD bath bomb make sure it contains at least 100mg to 150mg of CBD in it for it to have a powerful effect. CBD bath bombs contain no THC in them so you don’t have to worry about a drug test!
5. CBD Coffee or Tea – Both work really well and are a great way to start or end your day. They provide a calming balance to one’s mind & body while providing the focus to be productive throughout the day. CBD Coffee and Tea products come in different flavors so they have an option for everyone: hazelnut, vanilla, pomegranate, etc.
I hope this list serves you well in your search to handle Election Stress Anxiety! Despite who wins the election or what your political affiliation might be, finding a way to relax and manage one’s stress and anxiety is never a bad thing!